[Groff] Projects using DocBook source for man pages

From: Michael(tm) Smith
Subject: [Groff] Projects using DocBook source for man pages
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 17:58:27 +0900

Related to some current discussions on the list, I wanted to
mention a few projects I'm aware of that have authored their
man-page documentation in DocBook and used the DocBook Project
XSLT stylesheets to generate man-page output from them.

  apt* utils (apt-get, apt-cache, aptitude, etc.)
  bind9 (dig, host, nslookup, named, etc.)
  shadow (passwd, su, useradd, userdel, etc.)
  udev
  clisp
  patchutils
  libxml/libxslt utils (xsltproc, xmllint, xmlcatalog)
  elinks
  dia
  libgtk2.0 (gtk-query-immodules, gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders)
  openswan
  nmap

So if you want to see what current man-page output generated from
the DocBook manpages stylesheet, and you have up-to-date packages
of the apt* utils, or bind9, shadow utils, or udev, the man pages
for those are probably good places to look.

  --Mike