[Groff] Re: New PS font definition files

From: Michail Vidiassov
Subject: [Groff] Re: New PS font definition files
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 13:50:45 +0300 (MSK)

Dear Werner,

On Mon, 1 Jan 2007, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

Are you interested in font descriptions for URW fonts?

As mentioned in an earlier thread, I won't integrate it into groff
directly.  Instead, I ask you to create an add-on package for them.
The same should be done for the Adobe core fonts with 314 glyphs.

There are two issues concerning afmtodit where I am waiting for your opinion:

Delta, Omega, mu are to be mapped to greek letters or to symbols
 (in not-symbol fonts)?

What about character composition (CC lines in AFM).
 Are you going to implement it or not?

To say the truth, both questions are not important for original URW or Adobe fonts, but only for their extensions like MinionPro, Myriad Pro, Courier Std, that are bundled with modern versions of Adobe Reader, or TeX Gyre fonts that are a free extension of URW fonts
with cyrillic, accented characters, Greek etc.

         Sincerely, Michail