Re: [Groff] doclifter on groffer.man

From: Gunnar Ritter
Subject: Re: [Groff] doclifter on groffer.man
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2007 21:52:19 +0100

Larry Kollar <address@hidden> wrote:

> Reading the discussion, I feel like Bernd's objection is based on a
> perception that ESR wants to *replace* groff -man with DocBook, where
> I believe he wants to use DocBook as an *interchange* format for all
> system documentation.

But this is not really the issue which we are discussing.
Regardless of all opinions on data formats, standards,
commerce, and the world in general, the question which
Bernd must answer is the rather simple one if he likes
to appear groffer(1) like

        NAME
         groffer - display groff files and man pages on X and tty
        SYNOPSIS

         @1]  [option...] [filespecEllipsis]]

         @1]

         @1]