Re: <OK> Re: [Groff] The case against the case against .EX/.EE & .DS/.DE

From: Clarke Echols
Subject: Re: <OK> Re: [Groff] The case against the case against .EX/.EE & .DS/.DE
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 14:07:15 -0700

I wrote a template for how to write man pages back about 1989 or 1990
for use inside of HP.  I think the file name was how_to_write_manpages.1
and the title line was
.TH how_to_write_manpages(1)
or something very similar.

It was a template that had the coding and explained what to do
where and how.

Worked like a charm.  Engineers could compose a page, send it to me
for editing and clean-up and it went into the reference and online
manuals.  Saved them a lot of time and me too as the editor/producer
of the finished product.  I don't have a copy of the original file
in my archive of ancient artifacts, or I'd attach it.

Clarke