Re: [Groff] The case against the case against .EX/.EE & .DS/.DE

From: Meg McRoberts
Subject: Re: [Groff] The case against the case against .EX/.EE & .DS/.DE
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 12:08:12 -0800 (PST)

Yes, this is exactly what we need!  I find that most people
tend to take an existing man page to use as the basis for a
new page anyhow, often with interesting results.  A template
file that is designed for this purpose would be much better,
although we may need more than one -- the structure of pages
for commands, files, and functions have significant differences.

It would also be nice to have a template for a package of man pages
to be added to the system.  This is a little dicier because it is
going to be different for different platforms, but providing information
for Linux platforms would be a good start.

meg