Re: <OK> Re: [Groff] The case against the case against .EX/.EE & .DS/.DE

From: M Bianchi
Subject: Re: <OK> Re: [Groff] The case against the case against .EX/.EE & .DS/.DE
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 11:24:01 -0500

On Fri, Dec 29, 2006 at 10:38:39AM -0500, Larry Kollar wrote:
>       :
> When you're writing a
> document (like a manpage) that can be displayed in a large number of ways
> -- text on a console, PDF/print (allowing the user to choose the point size
> with the -S option, remember), or HTML... or DocBook via doclifter, for that
> matter -- you have to think *guidance* rather than *control* and trust your
> tools.
>       :

The best way I know to _encourage_ compliance is a template file that
illustrates and explains the common markup/macros in situ.

Copy it to  glurp.1 , open  glurp.1  in whatever editor you like, comment out
the items you don't think you need (because  .\" , \#  and  .ig  are
explained inside), change the ones you do and  voila!  the man page she is
done!

Maybe a  man_page_template(5)  ?

--
 Mike Bianchi