Re: [Groff] The case against the case against .EX/.EE & .DS/.DE

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Groff] The case against the case against .EX/.EE & .DS/.DE
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 15:58:14 +0000

Hi Gunnar,

Agreed.  I've been meaning to add stuff to troff.org about man pages for
ages.  IIRC there's a HOWTO in the Linux Documentation Project about
writing man pages.  And there's Larry's Effective Man Pages too.

> > -- something SourceForge doesn't support yet nicely, AFAIK.  This
> > could be done within the groff wiki quite easily:
> >
> >   http://www.groff-wiki.info/
>
> The site does not even purport to independent from groff.

I'm happy to make the document viewable from troff.org in order that it
isn't seen as groff-specific.  Promoting man page writing is a good way
to introduce today's programmers to the pleasure of troff.

> As I said, I am willing to contribute, but only to a serious project -
> an implementation-independent document with an editor, releases, and
> textual source code in a version control system - do not expect me to
> spend my time with Wiki fiddling.

It can't be too hard to find a VCS that doesn't want to restrict the
licensing.

Cheers,

Ralph.