Re: <OK> [Groff] An attempt to make Werner happy :-)

From: M Bianchi
Subject: Re: <OK> [Groff] An attempt to make Werner happy :-)
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 17:13:06 -0500

On Sun, Dec 24, 2006 at 04:48:50PM -0500, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
> Enclosed version of groff.1 uses only standard man macros and .de;
> I've inserted .in and .br macros to make the Synopis pretty again.

Woops!

I apologize.  I've been looking at _very_ old versions of the man page source.
I think my main point,

        that the  groff_man  macros need to have more macros based on the
        meaning of the arguments rather than the formating of the arguments

is still appropriate, but my example is not representative of current practice.

--
 Mike Bianchi