[Groff] Re: Bug in groff-1.19.2

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: [Groff] Re: Bug in groff-1.19.2
Date: 23 Dec 2006 19:31:58 +0000

Hi David and Werner,

I've examined the test code and observe two main problems:

  (i)   equations within .tl don't work - I suspect this could be made
        to work..
  (ii)  the division by zero is occurring because the following
        characters appear to have zero height in the html device

        parenlefttp
        parenleftex
        parenleftbt
        parenrighttp
        parenrightex
        parenrightbt
        bracketlefttp
        bracketleftex
        bracketleftbt
        bracketrighttp
        bracketrightex
        bracketrightbt

        ie
        .nr 0dwidth 0\w\(EQ\[parenrightex]\(EQ
        .nr 0eh 0\n[rst]
        .nr 0ed 0-\n[rsb]

        gives 0eh and 0eh a value of 0 which later are summed and used
        as the divisor.  I think the correct solution is to modify eqn
        to check division by zero and skip if necessary..
        I'll have a look and experiment..

regards,
Gaius