Re: [Groff] Line-drawing escape

From: Tadziu Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Groff] Line-drawing escape
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 11:07:06 +0100

> Not really.  With -Tascii you get
>
>   warning: can't find numbered character 32

It seems the reason this worked for me is that I had edited the
font description files to include the space as well.  Are there
any situations where this could produce undesirable results?

> It's a bug in grops, handling the `space' glyph incorrectly.

Yes, but widthshow is too convenient not to use it for
word-spacing.  I guess the problem could be fixed by including
the space twice in the encoding vector, once as a "glue" space
and once as a "character" space, and then having widthshow
stretch only the "glue" space, treating the "character"
space as any other printable character.