Re: [Groff] grohtml hanging on PSPIC

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: Re: [Groff] grohtml hanging on PSPIC
Date: 14 Nov 2006 09:38:30 +0000

Larry Kollar <address@hidden> writes:

> Gaius Mulley wrote:
>
> > > Putting a PS file before the '.TL' in a -ms file causes grohtml to hang
> > > at
> the
> > > beginning of generating HTML. This used to work, but I think it broke
> > > between 1.19.1 and 1.19.2.
> > >
> > > $ awk -f htbl.awk test.ms | groff -ms -mtrace -mwww -Thtml -P-n -P-r
> -
>
> > what does your awk script transform the input file into?
>
> It just transforms tbl stuff to HTML markup. For the example given, it has no
> effect and should be omitted.
>
> > Here is my test which passes with groff-1.19.3
>
> Running an update didn't change anything for either pre-grohtml or post-
> grohtml. If I move the PSPIC statement *below* the TL, formatting completes
> but grohtml doesn't generate an img tag. I can't put in a conditional to use
> PIMG for -Thtml & PSPIC for -Tps, because -Thtml uses *both* (as shown in
> my example output).

Hi Larry,

true - you can test when the PS device is invoked by html by testing
whether the register ps4html is defined.  For an example of its use
see tmac/s.tmac.

> I'm thinking either my EPS file has some problems, or there's a hiccup in the
> conversion process. Gaius, could I send you my logo EPS & have you try it
> with that?

ahh, maybe it could be the eps file.  Sure feel free to email me the
logo (and awk script) and I'll reproduce the problem here and work on
it,

regards,
Gaius