Re: [Groff] multiple EPS images placed on a page

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] multiple EPS images placed on a page
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 06:10:15 +0100 (CET)

> I had to "hack" the 1.19.3 release by commenting out the
> 'texinof/makeinfo' portions of 2 makefiles.

Since a `real' tarball comes with info files, this isn't a problem in
the normal case.

>   .po    1c
>   .nr PO \n[.o]
>   .ll    335c
>   .nr LL \n[.l]
>   .nr pl 335c
>   .TBL cols=9 cpd=0 csp=0 width='8.0c'
>
> All images appear, but across 2 pages, with some extra text saying
> something like "arbitrary text for the page footer, except for the last
> page   N", where 'N' is is the page number.  This appears near the 11 inch
> mark on each page.

Yeah, I'm not yet finished in updating the documentation and
integrating the macros into the groff framework.  Currently, hdtbl
plants two traps, HM and BM, which you have to deactivate before
changing the line length:

  .wh 0
  .wh -1i

This will go away eventually.