Re: [Groff] translations

From: Erich Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Groff] translations
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 21:36:32 +0200

Am Dienstag, 17. Oktober 2006 16:18 schrieb Werner LEMBERG:
> >    Well, before doing that it would be interesting to know which
> >    languages groff enthusiasts are really using -- I'm not talking
> >    about man pages but real documents...
> >
> > I agree.  German immediately comes to mind for me, and I have
 > > considered Welsh, though I think a Welsh translation would me more
 > > about pride, and less about need.
 >
 > German I could do by myself, alas, I don't have time for it.  In case
 > someone is doing that I'm going to check it.

 I'd like to contribute something to a german translation. I translated
 English texts before, but never online pages.

 What exactly would it mean then, I mean the procedure to give it a try?
 Download the groff home page and mail my german version to the list or to
 you, Werner?  Or is there a general source code that I could work on? Would
 it make sense to try a manpage first?  Where should I start?  (Of course
 we'll have to see whether I am the right one for such a job.)

 erich