[Groff] RTF

From: Juan M. Mendez
Subject: [Groff] RTF
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 12:08:23 +0200

Greetings,

I'm new to the list and to the world of typesetting, so I hope not to
commit many offtopics to start with.

Due to the work, I was looking for a way to automate the creation of
documents for the Word (or Weird) text processor .

It wasn't my decision to choose that platform so I tried to get a
format portable enough like RTF. Anyway the process of automatize the
creation of a RTF is error prone, hard, and that lead my programs to
mix content with visualization, a nightmare.

Perhasp people in the list can recommend a better language for this.
My intention was to create the templates with either groff, latex,
texinfo or SGML-DocBook, and then apply some
driver or converter to obtain a RTF.

I've been reading the list archives, up to year 2001 or so, with a lot
of advices that I've tried with more failure than success. Maybe
people here know of the state of the art of drivers for groff to RTF
or any other language to RTF that could be more suitable.

Sorry for the long post,

Juan