Re: [Groff] OpenDocument to troff converter

From: Larry Kollar
Subject: Re: [Groff] OpenDocument to troff converter
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 15:42:52 -0400

Gunnar Ritter wrote:

> I announce the availability of an import filter to convert
> OpenDocument files to troff input. I have released it as
> part of my Heirloom Documentation Tools package, but since
> it is not actually specific to a troff variant, it may be
> useful with groff as well.

This sounds extremely promising. I haven't had a look (yet), but if it works as
advertised, it would be a great way to rescue documents from MS Word since
OOo does a pretty good job of reading them (indeed, I've seen it do better
than Word with corrupted files).

Gunnar, could you post a direct link to the script?

-- Larry