RE: [Groff] help required regarding groff/psroff

From: Ted Harding
Subject: RE: [Groff] help required regarding groff/psroff
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 19:17:08 +0100 (BST)

On 28-Aug-06 Himanshu Joshi wrote:
> hi,  myself Himanshu.... i have a project in whcih i need to
> get the width tables from HP laserjet fonts....ie fonts which
> are stored inside the laserjet......
>   i have windows as operating system and hp 4250 laser printer....
> i have downloaded gsroff and psroff 3.0 .... was not able to
> install Psroff as it contains ".Z" files.... :(
>   i was able to print glyph by giving a unicode name......but cannot
> find out the way to print the advance width,characyter/glyph with the
> help of groff......
>   kindly help me to solve this issue...... if there is some other
> way to solve this problem do let me know.....
> thanx
>
> --
> Himanshu Joshi

It is not clear what your question is.

Are you trying to extract the font information from the printer itself?

Or do you have files on your Windows system which contain this
information, and you want to extract it from these file?

If the latter, what sort of files are these?

If you can clarify your question, someone may be able to help you!

Best wishes,
Ted.

E-Mail: (Ted Harding) <address@hidden>
Fax-to-email: +44 (0)870 094 0861