Re: [Groff] Other PS fonts for groff not in Cygwin distribution?

From: Larry Kollar
Subject: Re: [Groff] Other PS fonts for groff not in Cygwin distribution?
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 22:07:44 -0400

Clarke Echols wrote:

> I would like to have a broader selection of fonts on my system, but
> dislike the idea of paying $50 or more each for them.
>
> Are there any sites where one can download *.pfb or *.pfa files that
> can be used with groff?

There are lots of sites with free fonts; I think I have a list at work (which
means "ping me on Monday" :-). You can even use TrueType fonts, converted
or not; see http://www.port.de/cgi-bin/groff/AddingFonts for starters. Also,
give DejaVu a look -- http://dejavu.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/
Main_Page -- the Condensed variant might be particularly interesting for your
situation.

-- Larry