Re: [Groff] call for comments on a proposed patch

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] call for comments on a proposed patch
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 09:24:00 +0200 (CEST)

> >   . Perhaps it is easier to use `.fcolor' and `.gcolor' instead of `\m'
> >     followed by `.sp -1'.
>
> yes, I forgot about .fcolor and .gcolor, this is much cleaner

So I'm waiting for the next patch :-)

> >   . What's the reason for changing the ms code?  It's probably a
> >     showstopper if users have to change their macro packages just to
> >     get colour support in tables...
>
> Yes true, I hope to modify most macro sets in the same way to -ms.
> [...]

I have a big problem here.  Remember that tables created with tbl even
work if .TS and .TE are undefined.  I can't accept an extension which
needs those two macros defined somehow.  Please try to find a solution
which avoids that dependency.  You probably have to extend the macros
defined by tbl directly.