Re: [Groff] Treatment of annotation paragraphs in refer

From: Bill Ward
Subject: Re: [Groff] Treatment of annotation paragraphs in refer
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 08:48:05 -0500

Thanks Zvezdan,

Your suggestion works!

I mistakenly thought that annotation was turned on by default.  It's not.  I
was just creating a string [X by putting %X in my refer bibliography, and
refer was just dutifully turning it into a string via ".ds".

.R1
annotate X "de [X"
(other stuff)
.R2

does the job, although I still have to add ".." at the end of the annotation
(as you have already noted).  I'm using refer plus macros to write each
title, citation, and abstract out to a separate file which I process later.
Having the entire abstract in a macro is really convenient.

Thanks again, and best regards,

Bill Ward