[Groff] patch for pdfroff

From: Zvezdan Petkovic
Subject: [Groff] patch for pdfroff
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 03:47:12 -0400

I use pdfroff a lot.
I also use gpresent a lot.
I process most of my writing using a set of makefiles to automate a task.

The problem is that gpresent _needs_ PostScript input, while pdfroff
removes PostScript and leaves PDF only.

That doesn't help, because it's an exception to the rules in my
makefiles.  For gpresent I would have to use regular groff and "home
cooked" PDF markup macros (which I had for quite a time, but pdfroff is
much better).

To cut a long story short, I defined PDFROFF in my makefiles as
pdfroff2.  Pdfroff2 is a slightly changed pdfroff script.
I also have defined
PDFROFFOPTS     ?= --no-toc-relocation --leave-postscript-only
So I always simply use

        ${PDFROFF} ${PDFROFFOPTS} ...

The patch against 1.19.2 that creates pdfroff2 is attached below.
Keith is this acceptable to you?
Can it become a part of a regular pdfroff?

Best regards,

        Zvezdan Petkovic