Re: [Groff] call for comments on a proposed patch

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] call for comments on a proposed patch
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 08:01:35 +0200 (CEST)

> Here are some patches which do this,

Great!

> basically I'd like feedback as to whether this works on many tbl
> inputs and whether it is useful?

It's definitely useful.  Here my list of remarks.

  . Please provide a patch with GNU diff's `-u' option.

  . Perhaps it is easier to use `.fcolor' and `.gcolor' instead of `\m'
    followed by `.sp -1'.

  . Have you done tests with multi-page tables?

  . What's the reason for changing the ms code?  It's probably a
    showstopper if users have to change their macro packages just to
    get colour support in tables...