[Groff] refer warnings

From: Joerg van den Hoff
Subject: [Groff] refer warnings
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 12:15:09 +0200

hi,

I asked this some 6 weeks ago but got no answers. hoping that the mail maybe reaches some other list members this time I dare to repeat my question:

after upgrading to 1.19.2 I get new warnings from refer which were'nt there previously:

refer:./test:4: nothing to reference (probably `bibliography' before `sort')

this occurs if the document `test' contains the directive
.R1
accumulate
.R2
but does _not_ include references.

(the situation arises, because I
always use a standard header file (including the above refer .R1/.R2
directive) and a standard processing queue (including refer. -- yes, I probably should use `grog', but ...).)

I don't see that the warning is really in place: after all `refer'
simply has nothing to do and should copy its input to output unmodified - other preprocessors are quite content with this situation (as humans sometimes are, too).

why does refer have a problem here?
(how) can I switch off this warning?

regards,

joerg