Re: [Groff] tables in a macro

From: Rüdiger Härtel
Subject: Re: [Groff] tables in a macro
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 07:56:50 +0200

Am Monday 12 June 2006 14:43 schrieb Tadziu Hoffmann:
> The following works:
>

> .\" tbl
> .eo
> .de ATABLE ..
> .TS
> allbox tab(;);
> cl.
> \$1;\$2
> .TE
> .ec
> .ATABLE A table
> .ATABLE Another table
> .ATABLE And "another one"

Hello,

this is interesting. At the moment I am in the need of exactly the
same thing. So this comes in handy. However I want to have a
variable parameter list. At maximum I can have up to 10 parameters.
Each parameter opens a new row. If the Parameter is empty the do not
open a new row.
The following didn't work. Seems I am missing something

.eo
.de ATABLE ..
.TS
allbox tab(;);
cl.
Text1;\$1
.if !'\$2'' Text2;\$2
.TE
.ec
.ATABLE A table
.ATABLE Another table abc

The 'Text2;\2' is printed but it is not within the table. It seems
that the semicolon is not recognized.

Any suggestions.

--
with best regards / salutations distinguées / Cordiali Saluti /
med vänliga hälsningar / mit freundlichen Gruessen

Ruediger Haertel