[Groff] Re: groff special PS fonts

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: [Groff] Re: groff special PS fonts
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 08:24:24 +0200 (CEST)

> Here they are.

Thanks.  Will check in soon.

> BTW. zapfdr.sed turned out to be a bad idea, since a couple of sed
> commands does not deserve a separate file.

???  This can't be correct!  AFAIK, sed's `-f' option is portable
across all sed implementations.  If you have found a counterexample
please report it here and to the autoconf people!

> PS. What happened to the script to make descriptions of the URW
> (and Adobe) fonts I have sent you?

This is in already in the CVS :-)

  2006-04-30  Michail Vidiassov  <address@hidden>

        * src/utils/afmtodit/afmtodit.pl: New option `-c' to add font
        information as a comment in output.
        * src/utils/afmtodit/afmtodit.man, NEWS: Document it.

> PPS. Filippov, the authour of Cyrillic extensions to URW fonts, may
> make one more beta this year, finally fixing compatibility problems
> with original URW fonts (source - private e-mail communication).

This is very good news!

> Do you keep an eye on the STIX fonnts project (www.stixfonts.org)?

No, I don't have time.  It's probably best to wait until the TeX
people have done the right thing, then stealing their results.