Re: [Groff] removing environments

From: Tadziu Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Groff] removing environments
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 14:28:26 +0200

> Excellent!  This is *very* nice.

Ah, well, long time ago I had the same problem with the
large spaces after text set in Courier, and that's how I
solved it.  (I use font positions instead of families,
but the behavior is essentially the same.)

One feature the macro doesn't implement is that
input-line-trap thingie of the man macros, but then your
approach didn't either.  However, you might use a more
appropriate string name to memorize the current family
than xx :-)

Oh, and by the way, to make sure you have an empty partial
line in an environment you could probably just say ".br"
inside a diversion -- that way you could have reused the
same environment.