Re: [Groff] Debian considers GNU FDL conditionally free

From: Meg McRoberts
Subject: Re: [Groff] Debian considers GNU FDL conditionally free
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 19:40:07 -0700 (PDT)

Interesting -- thanks for sending this on.

Dumb question: What consitutes "modifiable documentation"?  Are documents
in a format that requires a proprietary tool considered modifiable?
I'm thinking of Word/OpenOffice or Framemaker.  What about PDF files?
There is now software to turn PDF files into Word documents so it would
be work, but possible...

Just curious...
meg