Re: [Groff] groff manpage typo

From: Clarke Echols
Subject: Re: [Groff] groff manpage typo
Date: Mon, 08 May 2006 09:59:07 -0600

Keith MARSHALL wrote:
Joerg van den Hoff wrote:
there is a typo (sort of) in the manpage. concerning the '-Z' option
it reads:

-Z    Do not postprocess the output of troff that is  normally  called
      automatically by groff.  This will print the intermediate output
      to standard output; see groff_out(5).

the first sentence is broken AFAIKS.

Well, maybe `broken' is too strong;  the meaning is fairly obvious,
but grammatically, I agree that it doesn't really make sense.

maybe it could read, for instance:

"Do not postprocess the output of troff (as is normally done automatically). This will print ..."

I favour this change of wording; it corrects the grammatical sense,
while preserving the originally intended meaning...<snip>

How about:

"Do not automatically postprocess troff output in the usual manner.
This will print..."

Clarke

Regards
Keith.