Re: [Groff] Math symbol upside down?

From: Ted Harding
Subject: Re: [Groff] Math symbol upside down?
Date: Sat, 06 May 2006 16:45:23 +0100 (BST)

On 06-May-06 Clarke Echols wrote:
> Oops --
>
> The problem appears to be in Ghostgum/ghostscript and how it
> displays.  If I increase the point size substantially, I get
> the double tilde that I want, but when I set it at 12 points,
> it *appears* to be a straight line with a tilde underneath,
> except for a slight crook at the end of the straight line.
> Evidently it's a screen resolution problem (though I use a large,
> high-resolution display).
>
> Sorry about the false alarm...  I keep forgetting that interpolation
> of pixel locations can lead to such anomalies.
>
> Thanks for the response.  I was not aware of the \(~~ escape
> sequence.
>
> Clarke

Ahhh! I use ghostview ('gv') for viewing PS files, and (a) you
can set an option for antialising (which gives much better visual
resolution of curved boundaries); (b) you can change the zoom
factor on the fly; (c) if you really want to see what's going
on at a particular place you can outline it with the mouse and
zoom it up.

Well, it's good that the problem got solved!

Best wishes,
Ted.

E-Mail: (Ted Harding) <address@hidden>
Fax-to-email: +44 (0)870 094 0861