Re: [Groff] Survey on Document Creation Software

From: Larry Kollar
Subject: Re: [Groff] Survey on Document Creation Software
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 16:26:40 -0400

groff/troff/nroff is languishing even against KOffice and GNOME
Office (AbiWord etc), at only 2% (37 votes). We're not going to knock
off TeX, but surely readers of this list are more numerous than that!

Go to
http://www.cups.org/
to vote for your favourite.

Well, with 52 votes just now [3%], groff now weighs in at No 3
(after OpenOffice with 878 [53%] and TeX with 507 [31%]), if one
excludes "Other Commercial".

I'd think we would finish a stronger third than that. Maybe we're not the poll-freeping types? Maybe someone ought to create a poll for that. :-P

I'd guess the "Other Commercial" is mostly split between Weird and FrameMaker. Kind of hard to tell, since
"Other Commercial" is the *only* choice for commercial software.

--
Larry Kollar     k  o  l  l  a  r  @  a  l  l  t  e  l  .  n  e  t
Unix Text Processing: "UTP Revival"