Re: [Groff] Generating HTML / XML

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: Re: [Groff] Generating HTML / XML
Date: 02 May 2006 10:17:26 +0100

Bill Ward <address@hidden> writes:

> Gaius,
>
> Thanks for the quick reply.  W.r.t. your question below, I like making "the
> www macro set initialise post-grohtml with the correct set of tags for
> headings, titles, preformatted text etc."  Sounds great to me.

Hi Bill,

ok, I wonder whether it could be improved if say the www.tmac told
post-grohtml which tags to use together with a tag priority (similar
to operator precedence) - which post-grohtml could then determine if a
tag should be nested with the current tag stack or whether the current
top of stack tag should be popped..

This modification _might_ allow post-grohtml to be emit trivial XML or
any tag based output (well in basic form anyway)

Any thoughts?
Gaius