[Groff] Generating HTML

From: Bill Ward
Subject: [Groff] Generating HTML
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 09:46:43 -0500

Hello,

I am using groff -Thtml to generate web pages.  I really like the ability to
create inline versions of pic diagrams and equations provided by grohtml,
but would like to be able to turn off the generation of HTML tags so that I
can generate my own using a version of the ms macro package I've written (so
as to use my own style sheet).

Any ideas on how to do this?  I've scrutinized the various man pages, tried
several weasel ways, and I just can't seem to make it happen.

Regards,

Bill Ward

P.S. Just a suggestion, but the ability to customize grohtml so as to allow
the user to select the tags to emit for the various ms constructs would be a
handy feature (e.g., use <h4 class="SH_1"> instead of <h4>), as well as
specifying a user-defined prolog for the top matter in the page.  This would
allow the user to provide his own style sheet and control the page look
better.  Just a thought.