Re: [Groff] Using a Bold Italic font in geqn

From: Robert Marks
Subject: Re: [Groff] Using a Bold Italic font in geqn
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 08:47:48 +1100 (EST)

>> Still doesn't work, even with "special" in MDUTBIMI.
>
>You've created MDUTBIMI incorrectly.
>
>  u0393   594,692     3   0   Gamma
>  u0398   722,707,15  3   2   Theta
>
>This should look like this:
>
>  *G      594,692     3   0   Gamma
>  *T      722,707,15  3   2   Theta
>
>If you look into devps/generate/Makefile, you can see that the `SS'
>font is generated like this (I've expanded the variables):
>
>  afmtodit -s -x -i 50 symbolsl.afm lgreekmap SS
>
>You have to do the same, namely to use `lgreekmap' to get the right
>groff glyph names.
>

>     Werner

OK -- success using Werner's suggestion (although using symbolchars instead of
lgreekmap, in order to capture the Upper Case Greek letters missing from
lgreekmap),
and using the .special command.

Thanks, Werner.

--
Robert MARKS, Australian Graduate School of Management,
              UNSW SYDNEY, NSW 2052, Australia

Disclaimer: http://www.agsm.edu.au/email_disclaimer.html