Re: [Groff] Using a Bold Italic font in geqn

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] Using a Bold Italic font in geqn
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 14:56:22 +0200 (CEST)

[I take the liberty to CC the groff list since the answer is of
 general interest, I think.]

> Still doesn't work, even with "special" in MDUTBIMI.

You've created MDUTBIMI incorrectly.

  u0393   594,692     3   0   Gamma
  u2206   798,692     3   1   Delta
  u0398   722,707,15  3   2   Theta

This should look like this:

  *G      594,692     3   0   Gamma
  *D      798,692     3   1   Delta
  *T      722,707,15  3   2   Theta

If you look into devps/generate/Makefile, you can see that the `SS'
font is generated like this (I've expanded the variables):

  afmtodit -s -x -i 50 symbolsl.afm lgreekmap SS

You have to do the same, namely to use `lgreekmap' to get the right
groff glyph names.