Re: [Groff] Using a Bold Italic font in geqn

From: Robert Thorsby
Subject: Re: [Groff] Using a Bold Italic font in geqn
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 13:59:46 +1000

On 2006.03.30 13:25 Robert Marks wrote:
I use a lot of overhead slides in my econ teaching
(thanks to gpresent) which often contain math
symbols.  The default math symbols are not Bold
(in either S or SS).  I have found and installed (thanks
to the recent advice on doing this) a bold italics
math font MathDesign-UT-Bold-Italic-MathItalic-10

Now I want geqn to use the symbols from this fault
instead of from SS.  I suppose I could just rename
MDUTBIMI (my name for the new font) SS in
font/devps, but isn't there a more elegant way to do
it in a document?  (I don't always want to use the
new font in geqn.)

Try:
some text \f[MDUTBIMI]\[SymbolName]\fP some more text

Works for me.

Robert Thorsby