[Groff] gnu.org's mailman removes subscribers from the lists!

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: [Groff] gnu.org's mailman removes subscribers from the lists!
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 05:32:38 +0200 (CEST)

Dear FreeTypers and groffers!
Dear Savannah hackers!

>From time to time it happens that gnu.org (and nongnu.org) gets
`blacklisted', which means that a bunch of servers no longer accept
email from the gnu.org mailing lists.  It takes some time until this
action has been reverted.  The normal consequence is that mailman
unsubscribes all addresses which cause bouncing due to blacklisting.

In the rejected emails I see something like this:

  550 mail not accepted from blacklisted IP address [199.232.76.165]

As an immediate reaction I strongly suggest that you control your
subscription status regularly to see whether you are still subscribed.

I wonder whether it is possible to configure mailman so that mails
rejected this way doesn't cause unsubscription -- at least the time
limit should be increased considerably.