[Groff] Re: grap-1.36 clip and logscale patch

From: Ted Faber
Subject: [Groff] Re: grap-1.36 clip and logscale patch
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 23:08:27 -0800

On Sat, Mar 11, 2006 at 08:01:25AM +0100, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
> > >   Why not
> > >
> > >     /usr/local/share/doc/grap/examples   ?
> > >
> > >   Additionally, the former location can't be controlled with an
> > >   option to the configure script.
> >
> > I develop on FreeBSD, and this is where FreeBSD expects examples
> > according to hier(9).  But, as you rightly point out, not everyone
> > does.  I added options --with-example-dir=DIR --with-doc-dir=DIR and
> > --with-defines-dir=DIR so that others can put these files where
> > they'd like them.
>
> Thanks.  But how should an innocent, non-FreeBSD user find those
> files?  I suggest you add this directory to the `FILES' section of
> grap.man.  I also wonder why the man page is still dated as August 19,
> 1998, and the file's latest copyright year is from 2000...

That's a really good point.  I'll have to think about how to do that
with autoconf.  I think I have a plan, but I won't be able to execute it
tonight.

The copyrights are old because I haven't been keeping them up. :-)

I have the other updates available from:
http://www.lunabase.org/~faber/Vault/software/grap/grap-1.38pre2.tar.gz

--
http://www.lunabase.org/~faber
Unexpected attachment? http://www.lunabase.org/~faber/FAQ.html#SIG