Re: [Groff] Adding fonts to groff -- instructions?

From: Robert Thorsby
Subject: Re: [Groff] Adding fonts to groff -- instructions?
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 17:52:03 +1100

On 2006.03.11 17:19 Robert Marks wrote:
Now I want to add an ESSTIX font (which comes
with .pfb, .afm, .pfm, and .ttf files) and the only
doc I can find is in the momdoc appendices, at
http://faustus.dyn.ca/mom/momdoc/appendices.html#FONTS
but registration of the new font is Debian-specific.

Are there any more general instructions?  Have I missed some?

G'day Bob,

Check the mailing list archives for September 2004 for a question by me "Additional groff Fonts in RedHat 9" and Werner's answer thereto, which (as usual) is concise, accurate and definitive.

I am answering you this way so that the mailing list archives will have another solution to the perennial "How do I ... "

Feel free to mail me off-list if you get stuck.

HTH,
Robert Thorsby