[Groff] Re: grap-1.36 clip and logscale patch

From: Ted Faber
Subject: [Groff] Re: grap-1.36 clip and logscale patch
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 22:21:09 -0800

On Fri, Mar 10, 2006 at 08:19:04AM +0100, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> > If you get a chance, have a look at
> > http://www.lunabase.org/~faber/Vault/software/grap/grap-1.38pre.tar.gz
> > unless I hear very bad news from you or my bug reporter, I'm going to
> > roll this out in the next few days.
>
> More problems.

You say problems, I say suggestions. :-)

Seriously, I appreciate your suggestions here and with the examples
file.

> . I strongly suggest to install the PS version of example.ms also.

Sounds reasonable.  I added this.

> . Is it really correct to install the examples in
>
>     /usr/local/share/examples/grap   ?
>
>   Why not
>
>     /usr/local/share/doc/grap/examples   ?
>
>   Additionally, the former location can't be controlled with an option
>   to the configure script.

I develop on FreeBSD, and this is where FreeBSD expects examples
according to hier(9).  But, as you rightly point out, not everyone does.
I added options --with-example-dir=DIR --with-doc-dir=DIR and
--with-defines-dir=DIR so that others can put these files where they'd
like them.

--
http://www.lunabase.org/~faber
Unexpected attachment? http://www.lunabase.org/~faber/FAQ.html#SIG