Re: [Groff] PS printing - was Re: `Idot' vs. `Idotaccent'

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] PS printing - was Re: `Idot' vs. `Idotaccent'
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 02:17:15 +0100 (CET)

> I've been watching this thread with a little concern.
>
> Regarding Mikhail's final remark, I would like to say that, whatever
> additional fonts become available with groff, the standard Adobe
> fonts should remain the default.

You are probably misunderstanding.  We are talking about updating the
currently used Adobe metrics with better ones -- from Adobe!  What we
now have is simply inadequate; especially for the Courier family the
metrics are plain wrong w.r.t. the glyph repertoire.  Ken Lunde from
Adobe is very helpful in providing the AFMs for further inspection;
the AFM set of the 35 standard PS fonts we are going to select
eventually will be available for free, having the same license as the
current one.