[Groff] Embedding encapsulated PostScript page

From: mikkel meinike
Subject: [Groff] Embedding encapsulated PostScript page
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 09:10:49 +0100

Hi!
Now this subject is op on the list I have 3 questions:

1. Resolution
As from what I have bin reading. I assume that it would be good to
scan the images in a resolution that can be diverted equally with 72.
So that I

72
144
216
288
360

are good chooses for resolution when you scan some thing that you need
for embedding encapsulated PostScript. Is this assumption right?

2.This one seem a little naive even to me, but I don't understand this:
As Ted describes it the printer literally print on top of the eps when
doing a "watermark". Now how is it possible for a printer to print
white text on top of a dark blue eps (I guess that white is the same
as printing noting for the printer).

3. Netpbm lets you choose if you want some kind of compression, to
make the information smaller. It is the same kind of compression that
png is using. Would you use such a possibility ore do you loos to much
quality by that?

/Mikkel