Re: [Groff] Help: male and female symbols?

From: Tadziu Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Groff] Help: male and female symbols?
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 21:12:44 +0100

> Does any of the fonts in the standard distributions of groff
> contain characters depicting the standard male and female
> symbols?  (The circle with the oblique arrow above, and the
> circle with the cross below.)
> Inquiring minds would like to know.

As far as I know, there aren't any in the standard distribution,
but if you're working with devps there are a number of freely
available Type 1 fonts which contain these symbols, for example
Elsevier Science's "STIX" fonts (specifically ESSTIX-Two, which
contains the planetary symbols; you can use Mars for male and
Venus for female).  Then there's also Roland Waldi's wasy fonts
(available from CTAN) and Luc Devroye's Sugaku fonts.