Re: [Groff] Re: groff special PS fonts

From: James Cloos
Subject: Re: [Groff] Re: groff special PS fonts
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 13:58:03 -0500

>>>>> "Werner" == Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> writes:

Werner> I assume that some `local' UniqueID is appropriate.

These days Adobe recommends not using UniqueID in fonts.  There are
very few printers left in service that can actually benefit if each
font has an UniqueID.  It would be best to drop them from the fonts
groff ships.

(It'll take me some effort to seach for a cite if requested, but it
was most likely either on opentype-list or available on their nntp
server and web forum at adobeforums.com.)

-JimC
--
James H. Cloos, Jr. <address@hidden>