Re: [Groff] Macro rename - what am I doing wrong?

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] Macro rename - what am I doing wrong?
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 07:15:07 +0100 (CET)

> > Hmm, with the current CVS I get the result below which looks
> > plausible to me.  You should get the same with 1.19.2, I think.
>
> Indeed - I spent the afternoon debugging this (how lame is that?)
> and found that 1.19.2 works just fine.

BTW, if you regularly do a lot of debugging you might really try to
install 1.19.2 on one of your machines to be able to use the much
improved -mtrace package.  This can't be backported due to some new
functions.

> Nice work on the an-old.tmac (whoever did that).

Most of it was done by me.

> I backported an-old.tmac to work with groff 1.11 and also shoved in my
> .SA request (is that something you want?).

Hmm.  I've written a lot of man pages manually, and I've never had the
need for that.  But others probably think differently.