[Groff] RE: List delays

From: Ted Harding
Subject: [Groff] RE: List delays
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 21:19:27 -0000 (GMT)

On 22-Feb-06 Ted Harding wrote:
>> It seems, looking at the headers of recent mails to
>> the list, that postings to the groff list are being
>> delayed at lists.gnu.org by 6-12 hours, typically
>> over 9 hours.
>>
>> Is this (as I hope) a temporary phenomenon?
>>
>> Best wishes to all,
>> Ted.
>
> With Miklos's and Werner's messages of
>
>   Feb 22 07:24 GMT distributed to me 18:24 GMT
>   Feb 22 07:28 GMT distributed to me 18:41 GMT
>
> the delays at lists.gnu.org are now at least 11 hours.
>
> Looking at the list archives at
>
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-groff/2006-02/index.html
>
> I see that the archived messages for the last 7 days are 95.5%
> spam (some of which is of the well-known groff speciality).
> Specifically:
> [snip]

Sorry! I was looking at the wrong archive! The right place
is of course

  http://lists.gnu.org/pipermail/groff/

which is spam-free (almost).

Nevertheless, I continue to wonder if the incidence of spam
is causing problems at lists.gnu.org; and I continue (at 21:15
GMT) to wait to see a message I sent to the list at 10:10 GMT
this morning (which is however in the archives above), as well.

Apologies for the confusion, and best wishes to all,
Ted.

E-Mail: (Ted Harding) <address@hidden>
Fax-to-email: +44 (0)870 094 0861
Date: 22-Feb-06                                       Time: 21:19:22