[Groff] setpagedevice

From: Miklos Somogyi
Subject: [Groff] setpagedevice
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 02:01:23 +1100

Dear Folks,

Whilst transferring things from my old SGI to the new shiny PowerMac I got some problems with my PS files:
my new viewers clipped and/or rotated them.
The use of setpagedevice to explicitly define page size put an end to the miseries. This politically correct way to do things was introduced in Level2 but was not really enforced until
Level3 came along.

Now I try to convert my old troff files, and BP in grops' prologue does not have setpagedevice in it. So I have the same problems again, though I can still print well on my old laser.
My question is: what was the reason of omitting setpagedevice?
At least some of you must have encountered the same problems, right?

<</PageSize ... would also allow the free mixing of land/port pages, not only all port or all land
(using two versions of "bp").

Miklos