Re: [Groff] mapping of glyphs to Unicode

From: Bruno Haible
Subject: Re: [Groff] mapping of glyphs to Unicode
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 13:48:42 +0100

Still the same in http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/sgml/entities.html.

> Personally, I prefer U+27E8 and U+27E9 which are never double-width
> glyphs.

I agree; see the xterm screenshot in the other mail.

So we _do_ need the possibility to map the same glyph to different
Unicode code points depending on the output device. So for Unicode
font files, the CHARSET section will normally be absent, but can also
be present and contain just the exceptional mappings.

Bruno