[Groff] Re: groff + mp

From: Michail Vidiassov
Subject: [Groff] Re: groff + mp
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 14:01:36 +0300 (MSK)

Dear Werner,

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

Multiple reeencodings happen all the time in LaTeX.  If this dvips
snippet works fine, I think we can take it too...  Just tell me
whether I shall use it :-)

I still don't know enough about this topic (and admittedly,
I'n not very interested in further investigation) to decide about the
`right' way.

I do not know enough and I am not interested in the investigation as well.
Let us assume dvips authors know better.
Just do as dvips does (drop UniqueID from reencoded fonts).
If you do not trust Tomas Rokicki - do that googling.

Any other opinions?
(As an early post-soviet Georgian politician Jaba Ioseliani said:
"Democracy is not like eating beans ( that's no making jokes -m.v.).
 Everyone who dares to oppose us will be shot." ;)

               Sincerely, Michail