Re: [GROFF] Groff wiki?

From: Larry Kollar
Subject: Re: [GROFF] Groff wiki?
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 22:10:09 -0500

Robert Goulding wrote:

Has there been any movement on the groff wiki? Yet more interesting snippets and tips have been posted recently - it would be nice to preserve them somewhere accessible!

I've been adding the tips and other goodies I have archived -- in fact, I had intended to point people to a "fonts" HOWTO that I put together a couple days ago. It could probably use a little attention... if you see something that needs to be added or fixed, click the "Edit" link at the bottom of the page and fix it!

http://www.port.de/cgi-bin/groff/ConvertingTrueTypeFonts (PostScript too, obviously)

BTW, I used the procedure described above to "port" the DejaVu font family to work with groff. I was thinking about setting UTP Revisited in DejaVu Serif when we get started on it (which can be any time "we" are ready).

If you don't want to bother with converting the fonts yourself, I've batched up the whole thing and put it at http://home.alltel.net/ ~kollar/groff/dejavu-22-groff.tar.gz (3.2MB). Untar it in /usr/share/ groff; it puts everything in site-font/devps. You'll have to rename the "download.dejavu" file to "download" or cat it to the end of the current download file.

--
Larry Kollar     k  o  l  l  a  r  @  a  l  l  t  e  l  .  n  e  t
Unix Text Processing: "UTP Revival"