[Groff] Re: How to make EPS?

From: Michail Vidiassov
Subject: [Groff] Re: How to make EPS?
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 02:33:23 +0300 (MSK)

Dear Werner,

 Tadziu Hoffmann wrote:

Another thing to note is that setting the MediaBox in the
PDF-file from the BoundingBox in the PS-file using -dEPSCrop
appears to work only when the "EPSF"-signature is present in
the first line of the PS-file.

And gs is correct doing so, since
Encapsulated PostScript File Format Specification Version 3.0
says, in the section "Guidelines for Creating EPS Files":

 The two required DSC Header comments are

%!PS-Adobe-3.0 EPSF-3.0 %%BoundingBox: llx lly urx ury

Thus, we have to add the following to the sed command line
 -e '/^%!PS-Adobe-3.0/s/$/ EPSF-3.0/'

You may check the results in attached file epstest2.tgz
Of the result files in that archive foo.png looks OK (no parts cut off from the letters).
(foo.eps shows OK too in Mac OS X Preview, but I am not
sure how that application works).

Please, compare the results with what is generated/shown in your environment.