Re: [Groff] macro `st' not defined

From: Keith MARSHALL
Subject: Re: [Groff] macro `st' not defined
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 15:17:17 +0000

>> To avoid such similar queries in future, and in the absence of any
>> definitive specification for implementing `.st', would it not be
>> prudent to provide an appropriately commented interim `no-op'
>> implementation;
>
> I don't think so.  Instead, it might be useful to change the grn
> implementation to avoid a call to `.st' (or only in compatibility
> mode).

Agreed.  If that's the only place such a call is used, it makes more
sense to fix the problem at source.  Indeed, even if it isn't the only
place such a call occurs, it would still be cleaner to avoid all uses
of it, when it isn't implemented.

Of course, since the resulting warning message is harmless, there
probably isn't any great urgency for this, but if you like, I will
have a look at what may be required.

Regards,
Keith.